Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Paul McCartney The Great Hoax


Around this same time frame WKNR-FM DJ Russell Gibb received a phone call from students at Eastern Michigan University who claimed that the Fab Four song Revolution 9 contained a backward message confirming the rumor. Gibb played the song backwards on his turntable, and heard "Turn me on, dead man, turn me on, dead man, and turn me on, dead man “Gibb began telling his listeners about what he called” The Great Cover-up".


To add more fuel to the fire, The Beatles never wanted to talk about the Paul is dead rumors and for years just laugh it off as crazy. Which only added to the mystery of what they were up to, had they created a buch of Paul is dead Clues to increase record sales.

www.ispauldead.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brings back great memories of listening to "Number Nine" backwards with my brother and sister. I think we wore out our turntable trying to hear the hidden messages. I had a hard time hearing "turn me on dead man," but I do remember that it gave me the creeps.